- Attached File
- Understanding_GCED_in_Asia-Pacific_-_A_How-to_Guide_for_Taking_It_Local.pdf(793.2 KB) 2020-12-0871
The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU), in partnership with UNESCO Bangkok, has published “Understanding GCED in Asia-Pacific: A How-To Guide for ‘Taking It Local’”, a guidebook for GCED-themed workshop organizations in the region. The publication is developed by UNESCO Asia-Pacific Regional Bureau for Education under the framework of the Asia-Pacific Regional GCED Network that is coordinated by UNESCO Bangkok and APCEIU.
Taking stock of the key data from the 2019 publication titled “GCED: Taking it Local in Asia-Pacific”, the guidebook presents full-detailed guidelines on preparing and conducting a ‘Taking it Local’ workshop on GCED with particular focuses on the three core notions of GCED – respect for diversity, solidarity and a shared sense of humanity. The purpose of the publication is to promote GCED in local contexts and support active GCED practitioners on the ground to design and carry out GCED workshops that are translated and designed fully within the local context of the Asia-Pacific region.
Chapter 1: Introduction
- 1.1 What is GCED?
- 1.2 Purpose of the Guidebook
- 1.3 Pedagogical Approach
Chapter 2: Preparing a ‘Taking it Local’ Workshop on GCED
- 2.1 Workshop Objectives
- 2.2 Target Audiences
- 2.3 Workshop Preparation
- 2.4 Tips for a Successful Workshop
- 2.5 Sample Agenda for the Workshop
Chapter 3: Conducting a ‘Taking it Local’ Workshop on GCED
- 3.1 Welcome, Overview, and Agreements
- 3.2 Introduction Exercise: Story Circles
- 3.3 GCED in AsiaPacific Exercise
- 3.4 Optional Activities for the Workshop
- 3.5 Application Exercise
- 3.6 Closing
- 3.7 Final Reflection and Workshop Evaluation
- 3.8 Sharing Reflections
- 3.9 FollowUp of the Workshop