APCEIU sincerely appreciates the active participation of educators around the world in the EIU/GCED Best Practices 2021. After a rigorous screening process, APCEIU is most pleased to announce that the following five cases have been selected as the EIU/GCED Best Practices 2021:
1) (Albania) “ØkoEngineer: Sustainability Learning Platform in Engineering” by Ms. Serena Leka, Aarhus University
2) (Brazil) “Effect+ for the Classroom Programme” by Ms. Ana Carolina Ribeiro Lobo de Cassiano, AFS Intercultural Programs
3) (Burundi) “Peace Education Clubs ‘Amahoro Clubs’” by Mr. Sinai Bakanibona, Ministry of Education
4) (Philippines) “PROJECT GLACE: Global Learning through Active Citizenship Education” by Dr. Marco Meduranda, Department of Education
5) (Sri Lanka) “Citizen Culture - Intercultural Awareness for Global Citizenship” by Mr. K. T. A. Oshan Madushanka Gunathilake, United Nations Volunteers/ United Nations Development Programme
The selected applicants, mentioned above in alphabetical order, will be contacted individually regarding the award ceremony and case presentations.
It was very exciting to learn about various inspiring practices and worthy initiatives around the world, and the screening committee found it extremely challenging to select only five cases among many excellent submissions this year. It was also noted that some of the applications had great potential, but were still at the implementation stage without specific outcomes available yet. APCEIU would like to strongly encourage those applicants to complete the projects and apply again next year.
Once again, we thank the applicants for sharing their endeavors and wish them all the best.